"Life's too short to eat store-bought pie."

Monday, January 21, 2013

Offerings & Price List Updated

It finally happened.  I finally got a taste of what makes “small business” so hard and why so few people succeed in small business endeavors.  All the dern regulations prevent them from running the business at which they can succeed.

I finally got some clarification over the last couple of days about what I can and cannot offer while operating under the Cottage Food Law in Texas that was passed and went into effect in 2011.  As it turns out, most of my pies fall under the “you can’t do that” category since they are custard based and require refrigeration.  So, I have updated my 2013 Offerings and Price List to reflect the following items no longer “officially” appearing on the list:

Chocolate Cream Pie

Chocolate Fudge Pie

Chocolate Meringue Pie

Coconut Cream Pie

French Silk Chocolate Pie

Lemon Chess Pie

Lemon Meringue Pie

Nana’s Buttermilk Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin-Praline Pie

New York Cheesecake

Key Lime Cheesecake

 

It’s such a shame as these are some of my favorite items in the world to make. 

Such is life.  Thanks for understanding as I try to follow the letter of the law.